By: Warren R. Jacobs
The best work teams are diverse—pulling together people with different personalities, expertise and backgrounds. This can lead to break downs, with each person approaching objectives from a different perspective, and with it almost certainly comes conflict. That conflict can either spark innovation … or light the fuse that causes a team to explode. Your employees’ ability to collaborate—to be flexible, observe, connect, understand, and explore solutions, will allow them to tactfully and maturely resolve conflict. This practical workshop introduces a high-level communication tool that is most valuable for collaboration.
Objectives of this presentation include:
- Discuss the importance of the free exchange of ideas and solutions.
- Find out how to build relationships and support a collaborative physical and social environment.
- Utilize a communication tool, F.O.C.U.S for collaborating in difficult situations.
- Identify how to share and communicate in a way that motivates, inspires and sets up a win-win situation for the team.
- Make confrontation more effective and keep conflict from escalating by effectively managing situations.
About the Speaker:
Warren Jacobs is a Marriage and Family Therapist with more than 25 years experience working with human behavior and relationships in multiple contexts. He is also a HRD Consultant, with experience in organizational consulting and training, and is a member of the Iowa Association of Business and Industry. He and his business partner, Warren Phillips, (a Clinical Psychologist), run Transformative Workplace Solutions, based in Iowa. The mission of Transformative Workplace Solutions is to transform human relationship obstacles into advantages that help businesses profit from their relationships and help employees love coming to work.